Below follows a little teaser for you from our cookbook that has 50 delectable and easy to make desserts. We hope that this will entice you to make all the recipes from the book and that you will be excited to add it to your cookbook collection. Check back regularly for the grand opening of the bookstore on our new website http://www.atasteofgorgeous.com
This recipe was born because Craig’s dad – my husband – challenged him to take my favorite dessert, run with it and deconstruct it like he did with the traditional s’mores and traditional lemon meringue pie desserts. Craig used the recipe on page 15 to create this, and when I saw what he made with this, it inspired me to design a recipe to go with the gorgeous image. The recipe is extremely easy to execute, no baking necessary and fresh with the flavors of summer. This is made for you to have fun with. Design your own plate and wow your friends.
- Whisk together 1 tin of condensed milk and half a cup of freshly squeezed key lime juice in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
- Place mixture into 4 individual ramekins.
- Place ramekins in the fridge for at least eight hours or overnight.
- While the key lime mixture is setting, crush up 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Place in the fridge until the key lime mixture is ready to use.
- Once the mixture is ready to use, set out 4 individual plates.
To Design Your Plate
- Use a tablespoon to swoop a few lines of pre-made berry puree across the plate. Crumble the graham cracker mixture across each plate in small heaps.
- Place a dollop of unsweetened whipped cream on each plate. I love using coconut cream to give it a true tropical summary feel.
- Spoon the key lime mixture out of each ramekin on top of some of the graham cracker mixture and shape to your liking with a tablespoon.
- Decorate the plate with fresh berries, edible flowers, candied limes (recipe follows below) and white chocolate swirls. You may also use the white chocolate leaves recipe from the white chocolate cake on page 75 instead of the white chocolate swirls.
To Make Candied Limes
Slice limes into thin rounds, blanch in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes and drain. In the same pot, combine 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Bring to a simmer and stir until sugar has melted. Add lime slices. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until white pith looks translucent. Cool in the fridge until ready to use. Cut rounds in half and place on plates.
(Sign up at the bottom of the Home page to get email updates and never miss out on publications, recipes and special offers here at https://atasteofgorgeous.com/)